I made a stop of the Game Farm this morning and ended up not counting crows or
looking for rare gulls.  Instead I spent an hour photographing a pair of BALD
EAGLES. They were perched together in a large bare tree along the west side of
Dodge Road, just south of Stevenson Rd. One appeared to be a full adult, the
other still had a black mask and some dark in the tail, but looked adult from a
distance.

While I was watching the younger bird dashed to the Game Farm and came right
back with a large Norway rat in its talons. Then it sat and dismembered and ate
the rat in the tree right next to the road as the other eagle, the crows, and I
watched.

Some photos at
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/IJF38ECio-P5fNuTnczDvtMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink.

Kevin

Kevin J. McGowan, Ph.D.
Project Manager
Distance Learning in Bird Biology
Cornell Lab of Ornithology
159 Sapsucker Woods Road
Ithaca, NY 14850
k...@cornell.edu<mailto:k...@cornell.edu>
607-254-2452

Do you know about our other distance-learning opportunities? Visit
http://www.birds.cornell.edu/courses<http://cornell.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b35ddb671faf4a16c0ce32406&id=19023cad4e&e=d3c0712a98>
 and learn about our comprehensive Home Study Course in Bird Biology, our
online course Investigating Behavior: Courtship and Rivalry in
Birds<http://cornell.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=b35ddb671faf4a16c0ce32406&id=d69183921c&e=d3c0712a98>,
 our Be A Better Birder
tutorials<http://cornell.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=b35ddb671faf4a16c0ce32406&id=9969512772&e=d3c0712a98>,
 and our series of