On Wed. 25 Mar. 2015 Becky Sewell, my daughter, saw 2 CHIPPING SPARROWS
under her feeders. She is 3.5 mi. east of Union Springs, inside "the
Basin" & has far more varieties of feeder birds than I do.

I've had a SONG SPARROW under my feeders since 26 Mar.. I saw one on 18
Jan. but didn't try to keep track of it or other birds because of high
winds/weather/snow, etc.. A Bluebird was checking out my bird boxes on
the 26th.

On 23 Mar. when I went to look at the Snowy owl between Aurora & King
Ferry, I looked at the new BALD EAGLE nest by the creek at the south
edge of Aurora at the corner of Rte. 90 & Poplar Ridge Rd. & saw the
white head sticking up. The nest at Great Gully farm is too far away for
me to see with binox.

Seems that part of our resident Turkey Vultures have returned. Saw the
1st ones on 24 Mar.. Still don't know where they roost. Also on the 24th
I found a Canada goose with a large white "elongated cap" atop its head
& the chin strap was shorter & more narrow than normal. Got Becky & she
took pix & posted them on her Facebook page.

Becky has, for over a wk., seen & taken pictures of a male RED-NECKED
GREBE on Mill Pond here in Union Springs. I saw it today now that the
vast numbers of Canadas weren't there. A COOT joined the Mallards,
Buffles & Redheads today. Pond outlets along Frontenac Park have many
swans, ducks & geese. Lake ice is still down to Farley's but with the
thaw & rain, water is now atop the ice.

Snows & Canadas were late getting into the air today. Finally about 11
a.m. great flocks of them headed out to feed & at 4 p.m. I saw many in
fields east of us. Seems most any farm fields east of Rte. 90 between
King Ferry & Mud Lock, as well as all over MNWR lands, people can find
geese. Also saw many in fields going down 89. Snows are still here in
great nos..

No ospreys here in Union Springs, yet, that I've seen.

Fritzie