Tuesday evening Ken and I went over to Burdick Hill Rd with the hope of finding
Eastern Meadowlarks.  We ran into Bob Horn who pointed us to a section of the
road where he had just photographed a Savannah Sparrow.  There were many Song
Sparrows flying between the shrubs and the edge of the road, but we also saw
the white tail flashes of a Vesper Sparrow and then heard one singing.  At one
point there were Vesper, Savannah, Song and Tree sparrows all pecking in the
grit next to the blacktop on the roadside-- very nice for comparisons.

We didn't hear Meadowlarks at Burdick Hill Rd, but we went home via Snyder Road
where we heard several Eastern Meadowlarks and saw them flying over the airport
fields.

-Diane