From: bounce-119180393-3493...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-119180393-3493...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Brad Walker
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 7:54 AM
To: CAYUGABIRDS-L
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Sapsucker Woods and Northeast Ithaca

Hi all,
Despite the wind and cold and wet, there were a few migrants a Sapsucker Woods
this morning, mostly clustered around the Charlie Harper bench area. A
BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER was foraging with a very cooperative pair of BAY-BREASTED
WARBLERS,  and there were numerous ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAKS, including a young
male with adult plumage but a white eyebrow, and another male at the Sherwood
Platform that was unwilling (but able) to fly as I approached.
On my ride in, I found a pair of MERLIN in the Salem Drive neighborhood. These
birds have been around for a week being quite vocal. Today I watched as the
male carried in some prey, gave it to the female, then copulated with her.
There is a possible nest (old crow nest) nearby, but I haven't seen them visit
yet.
- Brad
Subscribe, Configuration and
The Mail