Mr. Steckler is correct.  I was told the same thing by both a
congressional aide and a state agency staffer, namely that contact from
citizens has impact increasingly in the following order:

  * electronic petitions carry the least weight
  * followed by form emails
  * followed by individually-drafted emails
  * followed by phone calls
  * but best of all is an old fashioned letter faxed or sent through the
    mail

I had though a phone call would count less than a thoughtful email, but
both people told me that wasn't true - they mostly just count the yea's
& nays and the medium is what matters!

Alicia

---