The Cayuga Bird Club will be meeting on Monday, September 14, at 7:30 at the
Cornell Lab of Ornithology with cookies and coversation at 7:15. Our speaker
will be John W. Fitzpatrick, Louis Agassiz Fuertes Director of the Cornell Lab
of Ornithology. His presentation is entitled, "To Interpret and Conserve: After
100 years, what has Cornell Lab of Ornithology come to mean?"

As part of the Cornell Lab of Ornithology’s centennial celebration and as
the Lab’s director, John Fitzpatrick, will explore what has changed, what
has flourished, and what’s to come within the unique Lab founded by
Arthur Allen and colleagues in 1915. Moving beyond history, this seminar looks
ahead to the challenges faced by the Lab and everyone who cares about nature.
We must regard our first hundred years as a “trial run”—an
experiment that has proven itself worthy of another hundred-year run, but this
time the expectations—our measures of success—will be far more
stringent, and the stakes are far higher as we work to help save the
earth’s birds and biodiversity. Members are invited to dinner with the
Fitzpatricks before the meeting at 5:30 at Taste of Thai Express (Rt. 13N
downtown) . Please RSVP by noon Monday to cl...@juno.com so reservations can be
made.