Just before midnight I stepped outside my front door and was surprised to hear
the display flight twitter and chirps of a Woodcock and then a minute later
Peent-Peent.

So exciting and the easiest First of Year Woodcock I've ever found.

There was another woodcock in a neighboring field also doing a display flight.
This is not even a moonlit night.  I was outside at 9pm and 10:30pm and they
were no sounds of WOODCOCK then.

I brought my dachshund outside to hear them because she has a bigger Year List
than I do! (She had a Glaucous Gull and some others I'm missing).

This was happening on Lower Creek Road.

They weren't the only birds awake. Also a SCREECH OWL, AMERICAN ROBIN, and a
flying flock of CANADA GEESE.

Sent from my iPhone