At 9:30 this a.m at least 24 TVs were in the field between Spring St. & Seminary St. with wings outstretched, facing the sun. They stayed for nearly an hour with one at a time eventually taking off. I have seen them circling around the tall evergreens immediately west of where they sat & wondered if they might be roosting there instead of down in the swamp behind the high school.

Factory St. pond has been hosting 3 to 5 prs. of wood ducks. Several buffle heads continue on Mill.

I have birdhouse holes covered to keep out house sparrows until I see bluebirds & tree swallows.

Daughter Becky, has been out checking osprey nests & finding a lot of them occupied & several new NYSEG installed risers on utility poles. During our warm spell early last mo. a man on Kozy Kove Rd. put up a very tall pole with nice "regulation size" platform with a perch pole & "seeded" it with sticks.

Fritzie Blizzard