As of this past Friday, we've been having large numbers of WHITE-THROATED SPARROWS. Since Monday we've conservatively had 45 in our yard. Before last Friday, we had been having very large numbers of JUNCOS -- as many as 60. When the White-throats migrated in Thursday night, the bulk of the Juncos coincidentally migrated out (don't like each other?!?!?). I've been making sure to keep the lawn at our back feeders well supplied with white millet.

Today we had our first of the year WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW. It looked a bit perplexed being surrounded by the large number of White-Throats everywhere.

We report our yard lists on e-Bird.

Larry

--

W. Larry Hymes