Back in the 1960s whenever my stepfather would go to work in his garden
or just out into his yard, an Eastern kingbird

would would suddenly appear & constantly dive at his head whether or not
he was wearing a cap. That went on most all

summer. The bird never bothered anyone else. However, I  have seen E.
kingbirds  showing aggressive behavior towards

adults once in a while in the last 10 yrs. or so with no /apparent /nest
or young birds nearby. Here, male tree swallows dive

bomb anyone who gets near the birdbox after the eggs hatch but the
bluebird males don't. Nature is interesting.

Fritzie,

Union Springs, NY