Hot Dang!  A pair of Balt, Orioles were pecking at the orange slices all day
today.  It just seems to take a little longer for the species to filter into
the habitats on the west side of the lake, but we check every day once the
birds are spotted on the east side.  Another example: yesterday a Catbird
flew up from our creek.  I think I heard him say the east side was too
crowded for him.  On a sad note, a Common Yellowthroat was found lying on
the trail next to the creek in a state of great weakness---near death I
would say.  We moved him off the trail and today when I checked he was gone.
We hope he recovered and left of his own accord, but...who knows?

Bill and Shirley McAneny

TBurg