Between 8 and 9 this morning, our yard was invaded by a flock that included
a FLICKER, 8 ROBINS, 4 STARLINGS, and all the usual suspects.  Not a lot of
birds but perhaps the remnants of a migratory fallout last night?  The
starlings were squabbling over a hole in the trunk of a maple.  No birds
have EVER used the hole for shelter or nesting, so the starlings were just
being starlings, fighting over something just to claim ownership.

Regarding Karen's crow story, I have seen the same activity on Cayuga View
Rd in TBurg in past years.  The impression I got was that it was a
convenient spot to have a conversation.  No refreshments served, no minutes
recorded, just the local gossip.

Bill McAneny, TBurg