This afternoon we started a short Montezuma tour with the Goose Haven field
with decoys and no egrets. Trying to think of a nearby farm, around 2pm, we
found the horse farm on East Tyre Road south of Lay road and now up to 8
Cattle Egrets (as reported by Ken on The Cayuga text alert flying SW over
the main pool early this morning) from the original 7.  As we left the
refuge area around 4:40 all 8 were back at goose haven on route 89. The
visitor center had 1 killdeer for our only shorebird species and only one
Snow Goose still.  2 Common Ravens soared up from the woods to  SW and flew
right over the visitor center. 1 Dark Rough-legged Hawk drifted to the SE.
Another light morph was at the NW corner of the main pool marsh. (4
Rough-legs were seen there yesterday by Dan Niven Chris wood and Brian
Sullivan). Hitting Knox-Marcellus at 4:00  with 3 tries I counted  70 then
71 Sandhill cranes.(others counted 70 yesterday.    Mike and Joann Tetlow