Subject: Dead Cormorant in Tree at Jetty Woods
From: Sandy Wold <sandra.w...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 11:55:19 -0400

Yesterday early evening at Jetty Woods, after I picked up a few
handfuls of styrofoam
cup aquatic debris deposited after recent flooding, I noticed the entire
herd of cormorants were back, and one was dangling from a tree.  The others
went about perching normally in the tree. Bald-headed Eagle?

This bird had what looked to me like breeding plumage (black tufts on top of
head).  I could not see any orange and not sure if that was because of the
angle.  Do birds lose their color after death?  If so, how long is it before
the color starts to diminish?
Sandy