1045 am--First I’ve seen for 2017 and the most adults at one time ever—four
Little Green Herons were croaking, hunting and flapping around together over
the marsh, and among the Salix sp., etc quite near the road.  I have never had
closer looks.  Not a great day for photos, but if they continue as oblivious of
watchers as today (two cars stopped, 3 of us gawking), they will be great fun.

One pair has produced young there for the last two years; perhaps these
represent 2 pairs and a small green heronry.

Anne

Anne B Clark
147 Hile School Rd
Freeville, NY 13068