Saw 5 snow geese close to the road just east of the potato building along Rte. 31 Mon. about 5:45 p.m.. Sky was already getting dark before the storm so I couldn't see much other than dozens of gulls.

At Mud Lock I saw one bald eagle in the tree near the new nest & an osprey on the nest atop the old elec. platform. Another osprey landed on the power line with something that he wasn't able to get off the talons of his left foot. When the storm hit, he flew off towards the woods across from the lock.

Then the storm hit & a man with 3 fishing poles in the water & one in his hand, just threw a blanket over his head & body & continued to fish. I don't quite know how to label such (?) dedication (?).

I made my way rather slowly in the pouring rain to Union Springs with flashers on from Cayuga.

Fritzie