It might have been late for the little hummers but I've seen a couple of
the 'regulars' around here on south shore of lake ontario for two weeks or
so

also as for other bird notes  had a weird sad discovery on boat- the
starboard ventilator cowling and dorade box contained three dead tree
swallows when we commissioned the boat two weeks ago. The birds looked
quite deteriorated like not recently dead. I've never seen such a thing
before- I'm guessing they were ??migrating?? and saw the hole of the
cowling as a good place to spend the night and then got trapped and
couldn't get out??   Very weird.