Thanks Dave for posting this to the list — I reported it to the group me rare
bird alert. Unfortunately this gorgeous bird flew off and disappeared over the
lake exactly 10 seconds before the first other birder (Jay) arrived, and we
could not relocate. It was clearly very nervous on the spit with the more
relaxed Ring-billed Gulls, flying up and coming back down several times before
finally taking off for good. You can view my poorly lit digiscope images in my
eBird checklist at

This time of year it is worth checking Myers Point as often as possible, as
shorebirds and other waterbirds often drop in for only a short rest before
continuing north.

KEN

Kenneth V. Rosenberg
Conservation Science Program
Cornell Lab of Ornithology
Office: 607-254-2412
cell: 607-342-4594
k...@cornell.edu<mailto:k...@cornell.edu>

On May 31, 2017, at 8:40 PM, Dave Nutter