We usually have a dozen or so flying and nesting until mid summer. I haven't
seen a single one since early swallow migration.

Glenn Wilson
Endicott, NY
www.WilsonsWarbler.com

On Jun 17, 2017, at 8:34 AM, John and Fritzie Blizzard <job121...@verizon.net>
wrote:

We've had one nesting pr. with 5 young expected to fledge in 11 days. Usually
have at least 3 pr. with many others flying about. Not so this yr.. Same with
barn swallows. For the last 2 yrs. we've not had more than a doz. of either
lining up on our power line in late summer before migration. Used to be many,
many dozens. :'(

The 100 acres behind us were mowed on Wed.. I didn't see a swallow. Same when
the school lawns are being mowed. Always before the birds were swooping
overhead in great numbers to get insects. We no longer see those many insects.

Rachel Carson ... we need you again to lead a new fight.

Fritzie Blizzard

Union Springs