The eBird hotspot is at the location where we first heard them, out in the
field to the west of the road from that spot:
http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L6011483
As far as I am aware, Dave Nicosia's report from July 3rd is the most
recent. I tried late morning on the 1st and didn't hear them, but it was
raining and late, so an early morning visit would undoubtedly be more
productive. So far they have been reported quite distant from the road,
usually heard only and sometimes difficult to pick out.

Also, if you're looking for a more immersive Dickcissel experience,
consider popping down to Yates County on the west side of Seneca Lake,
where Scott Rd. in Benton has up to five singing birds in one field,
including several that come up to sit on the wires over the road, something
the Kingdom Rd. birds have so far not deigned to do.

I spent a little time driving around North Lansing and Groton this morning
checking a few fields for Dickcissels. No luck, but I did find singing
GRASSHOPPER SPARROW and VESPER SPARROW at the north end of Scofield Road,
as well as a second Vesper a bit west of there on Buck Road. Both of these
are quite scarce down here in Tompkins County in the summer.

Jay

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 9:54 AM, Peter <psara...@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> Howdy folks.
>
> Can anyone share a precise location of the Kingdom Rd. (Seneca County)
> Dickcissel?
>
> Much obliged.
>
> Pete Sar

> ARCHIVES: