On Wednesday morning, eight EVENING GROSBEAKS (1 adult male) visited our
yard in northeast Ithaca.   Besides black oil sunflower seeds in our hopper
feeder, they also ate maple seeds and maybe buds or seeds of a couple other
tree species.  Mostly, they just perched quietly in the sunshine.  This is
the first time we’ve ever seen Evening Grosbeaks in our yard in our 17+
years in Ithaca.

Also this morning (9:05 AM), Wesley Hochachka saw at least two female
Evening Grosbeaks in Sapsucker Woods in an ash tree east of the building by
the north-side feeder station, but they flew off somewhere within about a
minute.

eBird shows at least a couple dozen Evening Grosbeak records around
Tompkins County since November 2018, including more than a few this week so
far, including a county high count of 44 (13+ adult males) by Jay McGowan
along Irish Settlement Road a couple of days ago.

Mark Chao