Hi friends,
Sorry if this is an inappropriate venue for this question. I saw what I
believe was a 1st winter Glaucous Gull on the ice edge at Stewart Park as
viewed from East Shore Park. I have little experience with white winged
gull species. Through the scope the bird was all white with light brownish
tonal markings. The bill seemed large and straight through the scope, with
a clear dark tip and pale pinkish base (no fading to black), pink base was
about 3/4 of bill length. Size was difficult to judge at that distance, but
seemed as large as the nearby herring gulls, and seemed to have a
relatively flat head. I've attached a link to my eBird checklist with poor
digiscoped photos. Any experts out there willing to help a beginning
guller?
Thanks,
Josh
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S51970707