Went out through the front part of my house this morning (I’m renovating that
half the house and don’t use/heat it) and was pleasantly surprised by a
Carolina Wren that had obviously taken shelter from the cold and wind.  I don’t
know how it managed to get in but I propped open the front door and I’m pretty
sure I was able to shoo it out, although I did not actually see it go.  I’ve
had the odd one singing in the yard in the spring over the years but have never
seen one during the winter before.

Harlan Hastings