This is a few weeks early for ospreys, but possible. I'm guessing it's
migrating through. (It's a great time for
them to get lake trout.)

Breeding ospreys start appearing on Cayuga Lake starting about March 25,
although most return in early April.
I usually start looking around the 20th just to be safe, but I've never
seen one at either end of the lake before
the 25th. The older birds return first, followed by younger birds.

Until recently, ospreys were like the swallows at Capistrano, returning on
the exact same day each year. However,
in the last three years, a number of nests I observe have been arriving a
day or two earlier each year. Birds that
traditionally arrived on April 5 until 2016 returned on March 31 in
2018—climate change suspected.

Eyes to the sky!
Candace