Hi All,

Thanks to Marie Read for helping me today with the Cayuga Bird Club habitat
project down at Jetty Woods / Lighthouse Point Woods.

Today we put up a lot of fencing around one of our featured plots where we
have planted a number of native tree and shrub species.  Altogether, we put
up about 90 linear feet of fencing today to protect our plants from deer
and rabbit browsing.  We also are using this plot as a temporary tree
nursery for potted plants we have not yet put in the ground.  So, the
fencing will be especially helpful.

We also removed more privet today and got all our unplanted plants
watered.

I will be down there again tomorrow (Monday the 30th) afternoon by about
1:30 pm.  We still have a lot of planting and fencing to do, so any help
you can provide would be really welcomed.

I also found out today that the kids from the New Roots Charter School want
to come back to help us for another day in early October!

Oh, and the birding is really fun, too.  Today, I saw a trifecta of mimids:
Northern Mockingbird, Gray Catbird, and Brown Thrasher.  And, there still
is one Osprey "chick" about 5 weeks old still hanging around the nest.

Please let me know if you might be able to help.

Thanks
Jody Enck

Jody W. Enck, PhD
Conservation Social Scientist, and