Today, Fri. 12/13/19, my daughter, Becky Sewell, again saw an Oregon junco at my feeders. She & I both  saw it a number of times at the feeders on Sat. 12/6/19. She is quite familiar with Oregon juncos as they were very common on her ranch in CO during her 30 yrs. there. That's where I saw my first Oregon Juncos.

Becky took pictures but hasn't had time to look at them & isn't expecting them to be too showy since the sun was bright from the west last Sat. afternoon. Today she didn't have her camera. Birds feed here about 9:30 a.m & again mid-afternoon 'til almost dark, depending on wind & weather. I have feeders on my west-facing bedroom window sill & in the tree just outside my bedroom window & also up at the top of the hill on the east side of the house where, unless I'm working in the kitchen, I don't too often look.

Today Cayuga Lake was almost void of any feathers except close along the shore north of Union Springs & Cayuga. Mill Pond, along Rte. 90 at the foot of Spring St. had quite a lot of ducks again today. Factory St. pond has had more ducks than we've seen in the last 4 or 5 yrs..

Occasionally 2  adult & 1 juvenile bald eagles can be seen flying over Union Springs village, the lake & Frontenac Park areas. We sometimes see perhaps the same 3 bald eagles in a very tall,  large dead, bark-free, sycamore tree on Fire Lane 15, along Yawger Creek before you get to the RR tracks north of Union Springs on State Rte. 90.

Fritzie Blizzard

Union Springs, NY