Yesterday my husband said he thought he heard a Winter Wren for the first
time this spring, from down along the stream below our house next to and
north of Shindagin Hollow State Forest in Caroline. This morning I was
thrilled to wake up to the sound of one singing at around 6:40 am, from
down in the ravine. No more wonderful sound of spring to me!

Melissa

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 1:35 PM bob mcguire <bmcgu...@clarityconnect.com>
wrote:

> I just returned from a long morning’s walk in the McIlroy Preserve,
> Summerhill NY. By far the greatest highlight was a WINTER WREN singing
> lustily from along side the yellow trail (keep right on the way in). It
> came to within 20 feet of me in response to playback and went on to sing
> continuously for at least five minutes.
>
> The other highlight was a Red-bellied Woodpecker calling and drumming in
> the marshy area at the SW corner of the preserve. It eventually disappeared
> from view and then emerged (head only) from a cavity, continuing to call.
>
> Bob McGuire

> ARCHIVES:

> http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

Melissa Groo

Associate Fellow, International League of Conservation Photographers
Wildlife Columnist, Outdoor Photographer magazine
Contributing Editor, Audubon magazine
Ambassador, Project Coyote
Represented by National Geographic Image Collection

www.melissagroo.com

Come visit the Melissa Groo Gallery at Audubon Greenwich
<http://greenwich.audubon.org/melissa-groo-gallery>!

<http://www.facebook.com/melissa.groo>

<https://www.instagram.com/melissagroo/>

Instagram @melissagroo