Daughter, Becky Sewell, saw/heard her FOY osprey on the platform nest at the water works across from USHS about 1:30 p.m. today. She was heading to other known sites on her list that she shares with Candace Cornell so maybe she'll have more to add to the list. I've had a flicker coming to eat seed from my bedroom windowsill since the 14th. The Oregon still does the same. Also had a Cooper's hawk fly over 3 crows that were eating food scraps in the back yard. Crows flew as the Coop landed in a nearby tree before going to the spruces where the crows had a nest last yr.. Becky saw FOY chipping sparrow here yesterday but has had them at her house at least a wk..

My, how the grass has "greened" since the rain yesterday & last night. A welcome sight although it means daily mower noise & work.

The new docks are open at Frontenac Park & should afford some good, steady scope viewing across Cayuga's waters.

Fritzie