Some in this birding community may have known Charles (Chuck) Hetzel from
Philadelphia who was an expert Birder & champion for good bird habitats
Chuck, age 90,  died early this morning near Media, Pennsylvania where he was
in assisted care near his daughter’s home.

In the 1990s Chuck, his wife, Karen, and I found a Cerulean Warbler at the
Salmon Creek Rd. Preserve just as we walked up into the tall trees near Brooks
Hill Road.
He was also studying Swamp Sparrows at Niemi Rd.

Later, I asked him how he learned all the birds and their calls so well, and in
his quiet, terse way, he replied “the Hard Way”.
 Chuck was a man of few words but many talents.

Donna Scott
Lansing
Sent from my iPhone