Much too political and divisive a site and the article on Wisdom fails to
give credit to the most accomplished ornithologist of our time. Wisdom was
originally banded and her band replaced many times as it became worn by
Chandler Robbins, an ornithologist with the USF&WS and my beloved mentor.

Chan found this remarkable Albatross while doing his alternative service to
our government as he was a conscientious objector to war but loyal to
country.

Chan went on to create the Breeding Bird Survey, the US Bird Atlassing
system and so much more. Chan was in his mid-90s when he passed away a few
years ago. He maintained his office and work until shortly before his final
illness. He garnered so many international honors during his long career at
the Patuxent Wildlife Research Station in Maryland but most of all I
remember him and his Wisdom (not an accidental name) as my friend.