From: bounce-125313909-3494...@list.cornell.edu
<bounce-125313909-3494...@list.cornell.edu> On Behalf Of Donna Lee Scott
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2021 10:56 AM
To: Tim Gallagher <t...@cornell.edu>
Cc: Lea LSF <leaelles...@gmail.com>; CAYUGABIRDS-L
<cayugabird...@list.cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] Cooper's Hawk

Hi Tim
Why don’t hawks or even eagles (many here by the lake) kill gray squirrels, of
which I have many bird-seed-fattened individuals in my big yard? Yard Has tall
trees & 2 fairly open expanses.

Coopers or Sharpies occasionally kill birds near feeders here.
A few years ago I watched a Bald Eagle drop from a tree on my beach to catch a
mink that had gone to water’s edge to drink. It flew up into another tree and
ate it.
Thx
Donna
Donna Scott
Lansing
Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 18, 2021, at 10:47 AM, Tim Gallagher