From: bounce-125360711-3494...@list.cornell.edu
<bounce-125360711-3494...@list.cornell.edu> On Behalf Of Jared Dawson
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 6:48 PM
To: CAYUGABIRDS-L <cayugabird...@list.cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] Snow Buntings

I just got in from Seneca County and had several flocks of Horned Larks, 2 of
which also had Snow Buntings. I saw no large flocks of buntings, but was happy
to have excellent scope views of several of them along with the larks when they
settled in the roadway. The mixed flocks were, first, on Thorpe Rd immediately
west of the Finger Lakes airport, and later near dusk on Kings Corners Rd just
north of McCulloch. In one field the larks were leaping up and snagging seeds
from the head of plants, presumably assisted by the height of the snow cover.
Jared Dawson
Trumansburg

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 1:05 PM John Gregoire