From: Liz Brown <e...@cornell.edu>
To: CAYUGABIRDS-L <cayugabird...@list.cornell.edu>, Suan Yong
<suan.y...@gmail.com>, Rachel Lodder <rachel.lod...@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] Chickadee flock?
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 19:03:02 +0000

I was xc skiing on CT Hill about 10 years ago, and I came across a deer carcass
- a skeleton, really, with bits of flesh clinging to it. It was covered with
chickadees, like flies. At least 30 of them were working away at it, tugging
and pecking at scraps of fat and meat. It was one of the coolest things I've
ever seen, and I'm kind of glad that it was pre-cell-phone-camera, and I just
carry the image in my mind. -Liz Brown From:
bounce-125403508-25000...@list.cornell.edu
<bounce-125403508-25000...@list.cornell.edu> on behalf of Rachel Lodder
<rachel.lod...@outlook.com>