Nope. Not the hoped-for Redpolls !
( altho, there are some redpolls in the general vicinity, seen on both Algerine
& Emmons Roads).

It’s a pair of Mallards who started out under the street-side feeder & ground
food areas the last 2 days. I saw them, as well as their footprints in several
places in front.

Today, however, they are eating seeds under the backyard-lakeside feeders,
along with my usual crows, mourning doves, blue jays & cardinals (& of course,
squirrels).
The smaller birds stay up on the various feeders when all these big guys are
here.

Several years ago, I had a whole flock of Mallards regularly flying in from the
lake to eat under feeders in back/lakeside yard. Had to buy big bags of cracked
corn to scatter. This flock included a mostly white mallard which I don’t think
was a domestic bird.

Donna Scott
Lansing
Sent from my iPhone