I am wondering if there is a definitive list of North American bird species
that have singing females.  If I can identify a singing bird by the song but
don't see it I tend to think it is a male and in the past have reported it
as such to eBird, with the exception of Northern Cardinal, I know the
females cardinals will sing. I have seen the spreadsheet found at
http://femalebirdsong.org/ but would be happy to find a list that did not
require searching through almost 1200 species.  Anyone know of such a list?
For now I am going to stop reporting any singing birds as male unless I see
them sing and can positively ID sex of the bird.  I suspect others are
having this problem as well and it does affect the reporting of breeding
codes as all singing birds would have to be seen and sexed to report
"singing male."  Any thoughts?

Mona Bearor
Stuart's Draft Hwy, Staunton, Virginia