This morning, I birded for a short while with Melissa Groo, before doing more
exploration of the area alone. I ran into Jay McGowan for a bit, plus another
individual whose name I didn’t get.

Early on, there was a single Veery near the entrance by the softball field, and
part-way into the Northeast corner, our ears picked up on a nearby, but not
visible, calling Yellow-bellied Flycatcher. Today, this particular individual
was calling with short, soft “chu-wee” calls from deep in the dense mid-story
brush.

Later, a single Swainson’s Thrush was seen actively foraging among the upper
canopy of a basswood tree, a single Tennessee Warbler sang half-heartedly from
the Northeast corner, and a Pine Warbler sang weakly from Pines in the
direction of Mitchell Street.

Other birds present included a single Blackpoll Warbler, a “pipping” Alder
Flycatcher, an Eastern Wood-Pewee, and a single “che-becking” Least Flycatcher,
all while a recently-fledged flock of European Starlings begged incessantly
nearby.

Other than that, it was relatively quiet and it seems that most of migration
has come to a close. I would expect a Wilson’s Warbler or two, perhaps another
day or two with Yellow-bellied Flycatcher(s), and maybe a lucky individual will
encounter an Olive-sided Flycatcher.

Good birding and here’s my eBird checklist which includes the audio recording
of the Yellow-bellied Flycatcher:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S88890770

Sincerely,
Chris T-H