I will lead a half-day trip up the east side of the Lake on Sunday. Meet at
Stewart park (east side) at 8:00, and please pre-register with me
(bmcgu...@clarityconnect.com <mailto:bmcgu...@calrityconnect.com>). There is a
limit of 5 cars; try to arrange any carpooling ahead of time.

This is the time of year when loons begin to congregate on the lake before
continuing to the coast. It is also when our winter ducks begin to show up,
unusual gulls pass through, and yet a few late-migrating passerines are still
around.

The weather forecast is for off-and-on showers. That may makes thing
uncomfortable but not bad enough to call the trip off. I will cancel only if it
looks like a steady downpour.

Bob McGuire