Winds have been from the south on Seneca for the past couple of weeks. This
morning they were northwest and my Loon Watch did not disappoint.

>From 0700 to 0915 I counted around 240 Common Loons. They were vastly
outnumbered by gulls also heading south. No doubt I missed some loons
within the crowds of gulls due to poor visibility and/or distance. They
were all quite high.

At around 0800 a snow squall blew through reducing visibility to nearly
nothing. When it ended there were kettles of both loons and gulls wheeling
around waiting for better conditions. Once they all got back into gear and
headed south more high flying birds were seen but by 0915 I was too cold to
stay any longer.

It was good to see them! In Watkins Glen there is a live stream web
cam aimed up the Lake. Unfortunately loons have been too high to be seen
but I have seen a few in past days.

Sue G.