Conditions have never been ideal for a good flight of Common Loons over
Seneca this year but yesterday looked OK for one last try.

The first two seen were headed north, at 0715. In the next hour and a half
only 18 were headed south. As usual they were mixed in with hundreds of
wheeling and southbound Gulls and were barely visible in the gloomy
weather. Most were single individuals but there were two groups of 3 and 4.
Not very inspiring.

Also saw quite a few skeins of Canada Geese and a couple of flocks of
unidentifyable ducks. Upon arrival home I heard what I thought were distant
Snow Geese.

At home, on the western edge of the Cayuga Basin, in Schuyler County, we
have a constant presence of 4 Red-breasted Nuthatches, uncommon up here.
Also had a quick visit by a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker two days ago.

Sue G.