heretofore-unknown-to-me Finger Lakes Climate Fund as at least a stopgap offset
while we work on further reduction.
Best to all,Allison Myers

    On Monday, December 13, 2021, 12:01:12 AM EST, Upstate NY Birding digest
<cayugabird...@list.cornell.edu> wrote:

 CAYUGABIRDS-L Digest for Monday, December 13, 2021.

1. Carbon offsets discussion followup

Subject: Carbon offsets discussion followup
From: Hurf Sheldon <hurf...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 20:13:54 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Gay Nicholson <gaynichol...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Dec 12, 2021 at 3:56 PM

David, I am sorry to hear about the problems with your heat pump water
heater that our Climate Fund grant supported.  We've contacted the owner of
Halco Energy and asked that he check in with you.

All - I'm not sure what the original discussion was about, but if you were
talking about taking responsibility for your carbon emissions related to
your birding activities, I hope you will consider a direct action of
offsetting your travel emissions with your local carbon offset fund - Finger
Lakes Climate Fund <http://fingerlakesclimatefund.org> - where you will see
your offset dollars put to work helping lower-income households pay for
energy efficiency and renewable energy systems that will reduce their
emissions and offset yours. Check out this short video of someone who works
at the Lab of O
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97yatiY4lFc&list=PLGjmnJvhVAGLto1Jv6MEy2k_DbjDAdJIR&index=12&t=8s>
who chose to offset her travel emissions with us.

We'd love to feature the support of the local birding community in one of
our Carbon Race Teams
<https://www.fingerlakesclimatefund.org/pages/carbon-races> where you could
band together and see yourselves making a difference as a group of climate
aware bird protectors. Please get in touch if you have any questions about
this and we can walk you through it.

best wishes,
Gay
--------------------------------------