Brrrr .... sun & clouds, snow squalls & wicked wind restructuring drifts.
Yesterday 19 Jan. 2022, I finally saw our first American tree sparrows
under the tree outside my window & today they were also on my windowsill.
I'm housebound, caring for my husband, thankful for a warm house, so
someone else has to be my eyes.
Fritzie Blizzard

/And this report from my sharp-eyed daughter, Becky, who is living with
& helping me:/

Yesterday (1-19) I saw hundreds of horned larks and snow buntings on the
edges of Delaney Road (midway between Ridge Road and Bluefield Road,
between Union Springs and Fleming) and out into the fields, centered
around Spruce Haven Farm. They were happily gleaning whatever they could
find, whenever they weren't circling and soaring over the fields,
disturbed by traffic. The only photo I managed to get from my phone is
not very clear, but my binocs told the story - definite IDs on both
species. I was out there between 3 and 4 p.m.

Happy birding!
Becky, Fritzie's daughter