John's message reminded me I had meant to post—as we often do this time of
year, we're getting a nice influx of Lesser Black-backed Gulls this week.
Yesterday morning I tallied 31 between Myers, Stewart Park, and the
Stevenson Road compost, nearly all full breeding plumage adults. There has
also been a subadult Iceland Gull, either a dark Kumlien's or a palish
Thayer's, at the compost, along with a freakishly white gull that looks
like a Glaucous at first glance, but seems to actually be a leucistic
Herring based on its fairly small size but hefty bill.

Photos of the last two on my compost checklist from yesterday:
https://ebird.org/atlasny/checklist/S105761559

--
Jay McGowan
Macaulay Library