I have what I am guessing to be a pair of immature or non-breeding plumage
Common Goldeneye on our pond. It's a very small pond, more of a springfed
watering hole that dries up in the summer.
They've been alternating their visits between our little pond and the
neighbors' large pond lower on the hill.
I tried to get pix but they are very skittish and I don't have a way to
sneak up on them.
When he sees me, the male crawls put of the water up the bank to hide under
a honeysuckle and calls the female with light peeps to join him.
The female is an undistinguishable brown. The male is dark colored with a
large white spot in the cheek area or so, and also has at least one
prominent white band in the shoulder area of his wing.
I was working in the garden which is further up the hill above the pond
this afternoon and spooked them which made them fly off.  They made the
distinct whistling sound.
I am in the hills of Candor which I think is OOB but found their appearance
noteworthy. That pond doesn't see a lot of feathery visitors.