There's a nest box in Hellgate, MT
https://www.facebook.com/Montana-Osprey-Cams-165072613556909 with a similar
story, two females, two nests, one male.
Iris, one of the females is an eldery mom but has raised many healthy
babies over the years. Her mate Louis is also mated to Star at another nest
a few miles away. He couplates with Iris and she usually lays a clutch of
eggs but Louis does not bring her fish, only to Star. This forces Iris to
leave her eggs to fish. The last couple years her eggs were predated and
she abandoned them. It's sad, but nature. Star and Louis continue to raise
chicks.
There's a lot of anthropomorphising about this and how people should
interfere. I disagree...and Dr. Erik Green of Montana Osprey Project, who
manages the nest and camera feels the same. But lots of drama out in MT for
sure. Dr Greene has some thoughts he posted recenlty about why males are
scarce and it boils down to climate change and poor fishing. Check it out
if interested.

Always something to learn in the world of nature!

Nancy