From: bounce-126699390-87248...@list.cornell.edu
<bounce-126699390-87248...@list.cornell.edu> on behalf of Kathleen P Kramer
<k...@cornell.edu>
Date: Wednesday, July 27, 2022 at 9:16 PM
To: CAYUGABIRDS-L <cayugabird...@list.cornell.edu>
Cc: Kramer Jack <ja...@twcny.rr.com>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Injured Hummingbird
Hello,

This evening, my husband and I found a Ruby Throated Hummingbird on our
walkway. We think it flew into a window at the front of our house. It is still
alive and has moved 180 degrees from where we found it. We’ve put a hummingbird
feeder near it on the walkway and it seems to be licking at the sugar water
around the feeder openings. If it were daytime, we’d call the Lab of O and see
if there are any suggestions as to what, if anything, to do at this point.

We’re concerned, of course, about a possible predator, and thought of putting a
colander over the bird, but then the feeder couldn’t be near the bird. Any
thoughts? Is this a lost cause? We felt we had to try.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Kathleen Kramer