I know that Scarlet Tanagers use chick-burr as an alarm call, though
that may not be the only purpose of that call. Four hours of alarms
seems excessive, though I suppose there could've been a hawk or owl
snoozing nearby.
Last year when the Taughannock peregrines just fledged, they landed
pretty close to the trail and allowed fantastic eye-level views. Seems
like they had not yet learned to be afraid of humans, and possibly
yours was similar. When it flew towards the crow, perhaps it was just
a function of the prevailing wind rather than an intentional
direction.

Suan