Burdock is one of the non-native invasives which I actively eliminate from my
property for this reason. But it’s not just small birds and big burrs which can
be a problem. I once rescued an exhausted Gray Catbird ensnared in a stand of
what I think was Virginia Stickseed, a native plant.

On a happier note, this morning I have 2 Nashville Warblers hover-gleaning at
Goldenrod flowers outside my kitchen window.

- - Dave Nutter