In my ‘back yard’ I have several bird feeders, including a large hanging
cone-shaped seed & nut cake the woodpeckers like.

A male Downy was perched on it eating seeds when a juvenile Downy landed on the
pole above the cake & started baby-begging /wing flapping.
Father went up & fed the kid a couple times , then they both flew away.

Soon, the cranberry-capped kid came back & perched on the cake & proceeded to
peck at it & eat it on his/her own!

Is it fooling father into giving it an easy meal or just learning to eat on its
own😊?

Donna Scott
Kendal at Ithaca-377
Sent from my iPhone