I led the beginner bird walk this morning at Sapsucker Woods. At one point
I heard a call from the pond area that sounded exactly like a typical
Red-shouldered Hawk call. Unfortunately I didn't get visual confirmation,
nor did I have Merlin activated to record. One of the party did see a hawk
flying away, but he couldn't confirm the ID either.

With such flimsy evidence, I would normally be reluctant to mention this,
but I'm alerting others in the hope they might see or hear the bird and
confirm.

I also had a very distant eagle flyover, which is very unusual for SSW, but
that wouldn't have been the same bird.

-Paul