Hello all,

For the next five months, from November through March, the start time
for the Beginner Bird Walks that occur every Saturday and Sunday at Sapsucker
Woods will start at 9:30am instead of 8:30am. These walks take place
in pretty much any weather, unless snow or ice makes for hazardous
driving conditions, so we encourage everyone regardless of birding
level to join us. This later start time also works well with the bus
schedule, so we hope this will invite wider participation.

Yesterday was another example of great birding in bad weather, with a
cooperatively perched Cooper's Hawk, both male and female Wood Ducks,
good close looks at Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers plus nuthatches,
chickadees, juncos and cardinals all foraging quite close. Admittedly,
many of these had to be admired through foggy wet optics, but all 8
participants had a great time.

We will be looking to recruit more walk leaders in the coming spring.
If you are interested, please email me at suan.y...@gmail.com, or
attend attend a few (or many, if you'd like) walks to get a feel for
the experience, and ask questions from any of our wonderful walk
leaders.

Thanks.

Suan